Become a Member today! Imagine choosing an organization that cares about you. Annual membership dues are $150.00 (single) | $250.00 (group); plus $25 application fee for new members. (Dues are prorated, if you join after January.)
Not yet a Member? If you are not yet a Member, we invite you to become familiar with the Association’s mission, objectives and benefits. We encourage you to attend a monthly meeting and find out how easy it is to get involved with and learn from other equally committed professionals in the industry. Contact one of our distinguished Board Members or complete our Membership Application, CLICK HERE!
- Industry Education and Awareness Seminars
- Reduced Membership Rates for Monthly Meetings
- Voting Rights within the Association
- Use of the A.W.P logo for branding purposes
- Networking with outstanding wedding professionals in the Washington, DC Metro Area
- Support and camaraderie within the organization and beyond
- Increase your business’s credibility
- The chance to present your business to the group via our private and open Social Media pages, and at our monthly networking events
- Be the first to know about organization updates and announcements
- Complimentary Website directory listing viewable by other wedding professionals – and potential clients!
- Contributing Blogger! Members can submit blogs to be featured on our website
- Promotion of your business when you are hosting special events or engagements
- And MUCH MORE!!!
Who is the organization for?
- Floral Designers
- Hair/Make-up Stylists
- Stationery Designers
- & More!
All AWP members subscribe to a strict Code of Ethics set forth by the Association assuring the highest level of integrity within the wedding industry.
When it’s time to contract the goods or services of an AWP member you can be assured that you are receiving the best quality and highest standards of service available.
We encourage our members to network with other businesses in the industry, broaden their knowledge of that industry, and raise the quality of their customer service. Coupled with our monthly meeting programs in areas of marketing, promotion, and a host of other areas, member businesses are able to realize a very real boost to their success.
Code of Ethics
- Maintains the highest standards of personal conduct.
- Promotes and encourages a high level of ethics and principles.
- Accurately represents his or her qualifications and experience.
- Commits to contribute and share industry information with fellow members.
- Agrees not to engage in unfair, unethical, or misleading practices.
- Uses written contracts which clearly state all terms and conditions.
- Meets all licensing and insurance requirements.
- Strives for excellence in all aspects of the wedding industry.